1. Set the Extensions that are members of a Ring Group to receive multiple calls.
- From the 3CX Management Console, click on the Extensions node and enter the Extension configuration.
- Click on the ‘Forwarding Rules’ tab
- Scroll down in the ‘Available’ tab to the section called ‘Phone is Busy’
- Enable the option ‘I want to be able to accept more than 1 call at a time’
- Click on Apply, followed by OK.
Note: This change will enable the extension to receive internal and external multiple calls.
2. Configure the Ring Group functionality to signal extensions that are already busy with another call
- From the 3CX Management , click on the Settings node and then on the Advanced sub-node
- Click on the ‘Custom Parameters’ tab
- In the ‘Filter by Parameter Name’ type ‘allowuse’ (no quotes) and click on the ‘Search’ button
- One entry appear, with a value of ’0′. Change this to ’1′ (no quotes).
- Click on Apply followed by OK.
- The phone being used by the ring group members must be capable of multiple simultaneous calls.
- This article does NOT apply to Queues.
- You must restart all 3CX Services for these settings to take effect.